The Salem News had a good wrapup of the night's presentations in Thursday's edition, and if you missed it, you should take some time to watch the entire event, which can be seen on BevCam's video archive here (note: there is a lot of dead air at the beginning, so skip up to about 8:40 to start). You can also view the evening's Powerpoint presentation here.
- Superintendent Marie Galinski explaining the district's Strategic Plan.
- High School Principal Sean Gallagher detailing the many new initiatives that were funded in large part by the Small Learning Communities Grant that the school won last year.
- Assistant Superintendent Maryellen Duffy outlining district initiatives funded by federal Race to the Top funding, most aimed at improving student achievement.
- Briscoe Principal Matt Poska on the specifics of the Statement of Interest for a new middle school.
- Technology Director Judy Miller showcasing the many ways in which technology is weaved throughout the district's curriculum, and plans for the future.
- Citywide PTO President Julie DeSilva in the PTOs' contribution to csupplement students' leaning and enrichment experiences.