Susan Johnson, a Hannah parent and City Wide PTO representative, opened our meeting with a wonderful set of guidelines. I offer them up to the community at large:
- We all want what is best for our children and the city of Beverly, recognizing that our individual agenda may need to be sacrificied for the greater good.
- Dr. Hayes and the school committee have worked hard and creatively to deal with the shortages of money and we need to be respectful.
- This problem/mess is bigger than the City of Beverly but we as the City of Beverly need to fix it. There are no state or federal solutions in immediate sight.
- Everyone has an opinion. Everyone's opinion is welcome. We don't expect to agree. We do expect respect, civility, and a focus on what we can do.
- Information/knowledge is power. Rumor is dangerous, devisive and destructive. No matter what school our children attend, the issues are the same.
- We all have different gifts. With that in mind, bring your gifts to the table and do what you can to solve the problem.